Slicker Recycling has the largest and most modern transport fleet of compliant vehicles in the industry, comprising of specialist vehicles including 25 oil collectors, 15 hazardous waste trucks, 50 articulated trailers and 9 front line interceptor vehicles. We require 2 drivers to be based at our Ipswich site, that are capable of utilising all of these vehicles to work in a team servicing our 25,000 customers located across the UK completing over 1,500 individual waste bin movements, collecting an average of 1.5 million litres each week and transferring waste between plants, depots and sites.
- 48 Hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Overtime potential (1.5x hourly rate, 2x on Sundays)
- Collections bonus
- Daily meal allowance
- Weekly attendance allowance
- Night out allowance and night out payments
- Minimum 23 days annual leave increasing to 25, plus bank holidays
- Company sick pay scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in Service policy
The successful candidate will be engaging with clients of all levels, so must have a positive approach to customer service and hard work whilst promoting the Slicker workplace values. We are Smart, Honest and Reliable, working Together whilst having Fun.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious Class 1 HGV ADR Driver who will be responsible for the collection of waste oil and fuel from businesses and automotive sources whilst promoting the Slicker workplace values. We are Smart, Honest and Reliable, working Together whilst having Fun.
It is a 47.5 hour week, Monday to Friday with occasional nights out. Combined with various bonuses, average salary is circa £43,000 per annum.
Main tasks will include:
· Driving Heavy Goods Vehicles
· Collection and delivery of waste oils and fuels as distributed by the Collections office
· Loading and offloading of vehicle, multi drops and collections
· Completion of all relevant paperwork, i.e. EA notes, delivery notes
· Daily defect reporting
· Maintaining vehicles
· Adhering to company Health & Safety policy and procedures
· Representing the company in a professional manner.
· Apply the Slicker values to your role, “People rarely succeed unless they have Fun in what they are doing.”
Skills & key requirements
· Candidates must be flexible and prepared to work overnight when required
· Effective communication skills
· Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
· Able to engage with clients and demonstrate a positive approach to customer service
· Geographical knowledge, both regional and national
· Demonstrate the ability to achieve set daily/weekly objectives
· Maintain resilience in a demanding role
· Be a reliable team worker
· Experience of bulk liquid movement
· A positive, 'can-do' approach to work
Education / Qualifications
· Class 1 HGV Licence is essential
· ADR licence is essential
The successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values. These are embedded into our business and applicants must evidence their values as part of the application process.
· Smart · Honest · Reliable · Together · Fun ·
- Smart – keep it simple and keep doing it better
- Honest – be straight with each other and give feedback
- Reliable – do what we say we will and tell people if we can’t
- Together – work together as one and support each other
- Fun – enjoy what we do and have a great time
Slicker Recycling is an equal opportunities employer and will continue to ensure it offers career opportunities without discrimination. Employment positions throughout the Company are filled with the candidates who possess the most appropriate skills and competencies relevant for the particular job role. Slicker Recycling is to treat all employees fairly and equally regardless of gender, sexual orientations, marital status, race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability or union membership status.