Have you got what it takes to make our operation Slicker?
In July last year, Slicker Recycling acquired RE:Group, based in Hull, who provide waste oil collection and processing, industrial services and advanced fuel manufacturing.
RE: Group (UK) Ltd is at the forefront of advanced industrial fuel manufacturing and industrial waste services. As part of our established relationship with Hull University we are eager to continue our success story and recruit another aspiring Chemist to our Hull lab for a 12 month placement.
We offer a range of benefits including the opportunity to earn whilst you learn, develop invaluable skills and take a step towards your full-time career.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working in the recently developed and expanded oil testing laboratory the student would experience a wide variety of rewarding and challenging tasks associated with an expanding technology driven business.
The student would work alongside the existing laboratory and production staff under the supervision of the Site Chemist. The finished product testing laboratory is used for the analysis of low environmental impact hydrocarbons and is UKAS accredited operating under ISO 17025.
The role will provide the individual with a wide range of experience and skills associated with working within a busy QC laboratory. The tasks may include, but will not be restricted to:
- General QC analysis, including the testing of incoming/outgoing materials and monitoring of daily production using in-house test methods
- Working safely in accordance with the company health and safety policy and procedures
- Sampling and analysis of finished product in accordance with Standard Test Methods
- Recording of results to enable retrieval and analysis of data when required
- Routine in-house calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Process Development projects to improve production and quality of the finished product
- Written and verbal communication of data including the writing of Laboratory Reports
- General housekeeping of laboratory areas
- Applying the Slicker values to your role, “People rarely succeed unless they have Fun in what they are doing.”
- Will need to be studying a Chemistry degree
- A desire to get the job done, able to deal with large volumes of work and at pace
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business
- Competent user of Microsoft and able to pick up internal business systems quickly and easily
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Use of initiative, ability to prioritise, be well organised and manage multiple activities
- Due to the location of our offices, all applicants must be able to access the site easily.
The successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values. These are embedded into our business and applicants must evidence their values as part of the application process.
SMART . HONEST . RELIABLE . TOGETHER . FUN
- Smart – keep it simple and keep doing it better
- Honest – be straight with each other and give feedback
- Reliable – do what we say we will and tell people if we can’t
- Together – work together as one and support each other
- Fun – enjoy what we do and have a great time
First stage: Informal telephone interview
Second stage: Online interview
Third stage: Work Trial
The role may be withdrawn due to the volume of applications received
Slicker Recycling is an equal opportunities employer and will continue to ensure it offers career opportunities without discrimination. Employment positions throughout the Company are filled with the candidates who possess the most appropriate skills and competencies relevant for the particular job role. Slicker Recycling is to treat all employees fairly and equally regardless of gender, sexual orientations, marital status, race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability or union membership status.
Slicker has applied a range of measures across the business to ensure that colleagues are able to work safely and compliantly alongside Government guidelines