Slicker Recycling is one of the UK’s leading hazardous waste management companies and is the UK’s largest collector and processor of used waste lubricating oil. Our expert teams are able to offer total waste management solutions to an extensive customer base across the whole of the UK and Ireland.
We work in partnership with a wide range of customers from sectors including automation, plant and tool hire, facility management, retail, manufacturing, construction, agriculture, the public sector and much more. We ensure that waste is stored, managed and disposed of appropriately for our customers in full compliance with the latest regulations.
As a business our strategy is focused on growth and continuous improvement. Since the launch of Slicker in 2016 we have completed four acquisitions and have remained focused on driving the business from strength to strength. Having traded well throughout the pandemic we are in a strong position for continued growth.
Our 200 employees operate within a fast paced and busy working environment, we work hard but we also enjoy having fun and being part of a team. As a business we have big ambitions; it is an exciting time to be part of Slicker.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious Class 1 HGV ADR Driver who will be responsible for the collection of waste oil and fuel from businesses and automotive sources whilst promoting the Slicker workplace values. We are Smart, Honest and Reliable, working Together whilst having Fun.
It is a 47.5 hour week, Monday to Friday with occasional nights out. Combined with various bonuses, average salary is circa £43,000 per annum.
Main tasks will include:
- Driving Heavy Goods Vehicles
- Collection and delivery of waste oils and fuels as distributed by the Collections office
- Loading and offloading of vehicle, multi drops and collections
- Completion of all relevant paperwork, i.e. EA notes, delivery notes
- Daily defect reporting
- Maintaining vehicles
- Adhering to company Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Representing the company in a professional manner.
- Apply the Slicker values to your role, “People rarely succeed unless they have Fun in what they are doing.”
Skills & key requirements
- Candidates must be flexible and prepared to work overnight when required
- Effective communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Able to engage with clients and demonstrate a positive approach to customer service
- Geographical knowledge, both regional and national
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve set daily/weekly objectives
- Maintain resilience in a demanding role
- Be a reliable team worker
- Experience of bulk liquid movement
- A positive, 'can-do' approach to work
Education / Qualifications
- Class 1 HGV Licence is essential
- ADR licence is essential
The successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values. These are embedded into our business and applicants must evidence their values as part of the application process.
· Smart · Honest · Reliable · Together · Fun ·
- Smart – keep it simple and keep doing it better
- Honest – be straight with each other and give feedback
- Reliable – do what we say we will and tell people if we can’t
- Together – work together as one and support each other
- Fun – enjoy what we do and have a great time
Slicker Recycling is an equal opportunities employer and will continue to ensure it offers career opportunities without discrimination. Employment positions throughout the Company are filled with the candidates who possess the most appropriate skills and competencies relevant for the particular job role. Slicker Recycling is to treat all employees fairly and equally regardless of gender, sexual orientations, marital status, race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability or union membership status.